Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ready for life to begin....

Hello All! Thanks for taking the time out of your day and lives to come by and see whats new in ours! We have been busy trying to get ready for the cold weather and enjoying our last few days of heat. The past week has been like summer all over again and it's not a very funny joke! Pretty soon those negative degree temperatures and snow will be coming! =( Other than that we have just been enjoying being newlyweds and can't believe that it's already been two months since that PERFECT day. We were so fortunate to have all of our family and friends there to celebrate it with us. You are the ones who  made that day so perfect! I (Danielle) have been pretty busy at work the past couple of weeks which is actually a good thing. It makes the time go by faster and me appreciate the days when we are slower! Seems like every day there has been a project for me to do that consumes my entire day. Other than work it's been nice having a weekend or two with no plans and being able to sit at home and relax. This past weekend I decided I was done with the color in our kitchen and bathroom and thought it was time for a new color. Our kitchen was a tanish brown color and now it is a mustard yellow. I know it sounds terrible but trust me it looks AMAZING! I am so very proud of it! Our guest bathroom was just brown paneling but after a day of priming and painting it is now a beautiful hot ember red. Those of you who know me know that I am not a dull person so these colors fit me very well. I was very fortunate to have the help of my husband this time around. He got lucky when we moved in and didn't have to help paint the whole house at all instead his amazing mother helped me! I never thought I wanted to paint again after that week but found this time around two rooms aren't so bad compared to seven! I am really liking this whole blog idea as well. I needed a hobby and it works out nicely that I am able to keep everyone else updated! I think this weekend my project is going to be our guest room that was once upon a time all clean but after the wedding it became our crap storage. I would love to get our wedding thank yous done but it's hard when I don't have my pictures back yet! UGH!!! I don't want you all to think we are ungrateful and forgot about you we are just waiting to get the pictures back so we can send one with our thank you! I guess we will see where the weekend takes me. I could end up just sitting on the couch watching a Criminal Minds marathon and I would totally be ok with that!
Curtis summer job ended about two weeks ago and he has been enjoying being able to just relax and not have to work 15 hour days and sleep in a run down camper. It's actually been kind of nice having him at home because he takes care of any housework that needs to be done so when I get home I am able to just relax after work. He spoils me! I think he is going to sub for awhile that way he has a pretty flexible schedule and is able to do some things. I know he is really looking forward to being able to go and see his brother Liam whenever he really chooses. I know if he had it his way and didn't have a wife who likes to have him around he would live in Billings. Other than that he has a horse shoe pit in mind that he thinks would just look so amazing in our yard so I know one of these days I'm going to come home and it will be in. Oh well projects to keep him busy are always good! =) Our next big trip is in about three weeks when we will be going to Minneapolis to watch the Vikings vs. Cowboys game. I got Curtis the tickets as my wedding gift to him because he has never been to a professional football game and those of you who know him he is a football FREAK! I actually got to experience his first ever professional sport game with him this summer when we went to the Twins games. IT WAS A BLAST!!! I'm thinking this one is going to be even more fun! We are making a weekend of it and spending three nights in a pretty fancy hotel (perks of having this job) and we will be right next to the Mall of America and the Amtrak so we won't need to drive ANYWHERE! Yup of course I planned being right next to the Mall of America.....this is me we are talking about! =) We got to spend Labor Day weekend with my parents in Casper and that was a lot of fun. It's always nice to see them before Dad gets into basketball mode. I'm pretty excited to see his team this year! I am a fan of red and enjoy wearing it so I think he made a good choice because we all know he took the color I like to wear into consideration when he took the job three years ago =)
Well not a whole lot else going on in our lives at the moment. We just ask that you all say a prayer for Curtis brother Liam as he continues to fight this ugly thing called Leukemia! The more the better! We hope all of you are doing well and look forward to the time when we are able to get together again! Until next time live, laugh, and love!
 

1 comment:

  1. look at you go u cute busy little couple :) I'm so glad we can keep in contact this way now! Your wedding dress as amazing and amazing on you, you look like a princess, no joke! So I was thinking that you might be painting to get ready for an addition to your family hahaha I would be an auntie!!! I'm so happy for you girl and you deserve all the happiness in everything, I love you!

    ReplyDelete